Cochise College strives to be a learning community held in high esteem by members of its communities, providing high-quality learning opportunities for its citizens.
A learning community
- Places its highest priority, resources and energy on learning.
- Creates an environment and experiences, real or virtual, that encourage students to be active members of the learning community.
- Makes learning possible not only in the classroom but outside, through a myriad of activities and experiences, using any number of tools to enhance learning.
- Extends learning not only to students but to all members of the college community so that a feeling of collegiality abounds.
- Empowers students, faculty and staff to create a personally meaningful learning environment, where each accepts responsibility for contributing to the same.