Students should not apply until they are in their last semester of course work and all of their transcripts have been reviewed.
Congratulations! You’re nearing graduation.
Cochise College holds one formal commencement ceremony per year in May. If you graduate during the preceding summer or fall, you will be listed in the commencement program and may participate in May commencement. Students filing for graduation after Friday April 2, 2021 will not have their name listed in the May 2021 commencement program. Apply early to ensure your name appears in the program.
If you have questions concerning the status of your diploma please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Graduation Information
- Degree Candidates for the current academic year may choose to participate in the annual graduation ceremony. Commencement will be held on May 14, 2021 on the Sierra Vista campus for August 2020, December 2020 and May 2021 graduates. Students must apply and contact a counselor/advisor for a complete graduation check on or before April 2, 2021. Any student applying for May 2021 graduation after this date will not have their name included in the commencement program book. Online students will complete their graduation check via online.
- Commencement information packets will be mailed to all August 2020, December 2020 and May 2021 applicants by April 23rd, 2021. If you do not receive a packet by May 3rd, please contact Counseling & Advising at 417-4038, 515-5483 or 800-966-7943.
- Students completing or having completed associate degree requirements must apply for graduation as per the deadline date. By policy, students who have not completed the associate degree requirements and are needing 12 or fewer credits to complete the degree requirements may walk in the graduation ceremony but will not receive a diploma until they have completed all degree requirements and their name will not be included in the program. In addition, those students who are designated as August or December graduates in the following academic year will not have their name listed in the commencement program book. Those names will be printed in the following year’s commencement program book.
- Red caps and gowns can be purchased from the campus bookstore for approximately $50.00. Call the bookstore at 515-5419 (SVC)
- Commencement invitations may be purchased through the business office (SVC) 515-5416 (DC) 417-4076 beginning approximately in February or March 2021
- All address changes must be reported to the Graduation Technician (520) 515-5445 and Admissions and Registration (520) 515-5336 in order to receive your diploma/certificate and important information pertaining to graduation in a timely manner.
- Please note the following mailing dates of diplomas:
- August graduates will receive their diplomas no later than November 30th.
- December graduates will receive their diplomas no later than March 31st.
- May graduates will receive their diplomas no later than August 31st.
All graduates will be mailed a complimentary copy of their transcripts when the degree is posted, prior to the mailing of diplomas.
Steps to Apply
When you have finished the survey, you will be automatically directed to the graduation application. Allow adequate time to complete the entire process in one sitting. Do not submit this survey more than one time.
Multiple degrees: Upon submission, you will be directed to a blank graduation application. Complete this form again if you are applying for multiple degrees or certificates.
- Your diploma will be printed using your legal name. Please use your legal name when filling in the form.
- The address you submit is where you want your diploma mailed
- All information is accurate
If you are unsure of the degree type you are pursuing or any other information asked for, consult an academic advisor or counselor.
Once you have completed the graduation application, you will need to contact an advisor or counselor. All students, on campus and online, must either email or schedule an appointment with an advisor or counselor to request a graduation check.
Order your red cap and gown for the 2019 Commencement ceremony in the Campus Store for approximately $50.00. Caps and gowns will not be provided by the college.
You can also purchase graduation invitations for family and friends at the Cashier’s/Business Office for $1.00 each.
If you have student loans, complete your exit interview in the Financial Aid Office.
- Douglas Campus: (520) 417-4045
- Sierra Vista Campus: (520) 515-5417
Replacement or Duplicate Diplomas & Certificates
Cochise College will mail diplomas & certificates. The charge to mail or pick up diplomas or certificates is $10 per document.
- We will not accept cancellations once you have made payment
- Cochise College will send your diploma/certificate to the address you provide; we will not be responsible for errors, undeliverable or lost mail.
- We will not mail a replacement or duplicate diploma in a cover. We will not replace lost or damaged covers.
A graduate of Cochise College may purchase a duplicate or replacement diploma. The replacement/duplicate will list the date the degree was originally awarded.
The signatures of College officials may not be the same as those on the original diploma since the signatures of former officials are not maintained on file. Therefore, replacement/duplicate diplomas will be reissued in the current format and will bear the signatures of current College officials. There are no exceptions.
The new diploma will be mailed within 5 weeks of receipt of the request, with payment, unless an archival search is required to authenticate information.
We will not send diplomas or certificates electronically.
Name changes resulting from legal changes in name can be requested on a replacement diploma. Evidence of the legal change will be required. In order to change your name on file with the college, you will need to contact Admissions at email@example.com and include the appropriate documentation to establish legal name change.
Please do this prior to submitting your diploma/certificate replacement request.
To request a replacement or duplicate diploma a student must fill out, sign and return the Cochise College Diploma Replacement Request Form. The cost is $10 for each diploma/certificate.
Please provide all of the required information on the form and ensure that a day-time phone number and email address are included in case we need to get in touch with you. Your replacement/duplicate diplomas will be mailed via the United States Postal Service, usually within five weeks of receipt of the request.
You may send your diploma/certificate request via mail or e-mail to the Cochise College Graduation Technician:
Cochise College | Graduation Technician
901 N Colombo Avenue
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Once payment has been made, Diploma Replacement Request Forms can also be submitted in person to the Graduation Technician.
Sierra Vista Campus: Student Union/Bldg 1000/2nd Floor/Counseling & Advising
Payments can be made by cash, check, money order or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Credit card information provided on a request form will be processed by the Business Office. Diplomas/certificates will not be sent if you have an outstanding financial obligation with Cochise College. If you have payment questions, a Business Office representative can be reached at (520) 515-5416 or (520) 417-4076.
If you are enclosing a check or money order with your mailed request form, make it payable to Cochise College.
Payments may be mailed with your request form or can be made in person at one of the Campus Business Offices:
- Sierra Vista Campus: Student Union/Bldg 1000/1st Floor/Business Office
- Douglas Campus: Student Services/Bldg 1000/Business Office