Southeast Arizona Law Enforcement Training Academy
The Southeast Arizona Law Enforcement Training Academy (SEALETA) is fully certified by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards Training Board (AZPOST). The program covers the training and skills needed in criminal and traffic law, defensive tactics, firearms, physical fitness and defensive driving that is required for a career in law enforcement.
Students must meet the AZPOST minimum requirements for a law enforcement officer for the state of Arizona including passing a comprehensive background investigation which includes a background interview, polygraph test and medical exam by an AZPOST approved physician.
Students must be sponsored by a Law Enforcement Agency. Those who complete the program will earn 30 Cochise College credits.
The academy is a rigorous 680 hour, 17 week program. Classes are held Monday-Thursday from 7 AM-5:00 PM on Cochise College Douglas Campus. On-campus housing and meal plan are available for non-commuting cadets. Below is a list of courses that will be covered:
- LEO 200, Introduction to Law Enforcement Technology
- LEO 201, Legal Aspects of Law Enforcement
- LEO 202, Firearms Training for Law Enforcement
- LEO 203, Report Writing for Law Enforcement
- LEO 204, Physical Conditioning and Wellness for Law Enforcement
- LEO 205, Community Relations for Law Enforcement
- LEO 206, First Aid for Law Enforcement
- LEO 207, Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement
- LEO 208, Tactical Driving for Law Enforcement
- LEO 209, Criminal Investigations
- LEO 210, Criminal Law
- LEO 211, Patrol Procedures
- LEO 212, Traffic Procedures for Law Enforcement
Email | email@example.com