Transfer Out Programs
Partnerships with all three Arizona four-year universities allows for a seamless transfer to U of A, ASU or NAU. And because of articulation agreements with a number of other universities, students can guarantee many transfer credits. Those universities can be found below.
Each transfer program has specific instructions regarding curriculum and transfer procedures. Visit with an advisor to best plan your study program to meet the requirements of other institutions.
Transfer to State Universities in Arizona
General information about transferring courses to state universities is available online through the Arizona Course Equivalency Guide website (CEG). Students attending Arizona public community colleges can see how their coursework will transfer to Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and the University of Arizona.
The AZTransfer website provides information regarding policies and procedures for transferring credits from community colleges to the public universities in the state of Arizona. In addition, the Shared Unique Number (SUN) System website helps students identify courses that will directly transfer among Arizona’s community colleges and three public universities. Using the SUN System, students can easily search for and enroll in courses that offer direct equivalency at other Arizona colleges and universities.
University of Arizona
Cochise Cats is a 2+2 partnership between Cochise College and the University of Arizona designed to help you make the most of the programs and services offered at both institutions. Now it’s easier and more affordable than ever to transfer credits between Cochise College and the University of Arizona to obtain a bachelor’s degree at three convenient locations in southeast Arizona: Sierra Vista, Douglas and Santa Cruz County.
Students under the Cochise Cats partnership complete their Freshman and Sophomore year at Cochise College before transferring to the University of Arizona to complete their Junior and Senior year to obtain a bachelor’s degree.
Students can also view the Cochise College-UA transfer sheets for the different degrees offered in Douglas, Sierra Vista, and Santa Cruz county below:
Cochise College and the University of Arizona School of Natural Resources (PDF) have developed the following 2+2 transfer agreements.
Arizona State University
Cochise College in partnership with Arizona State University is proud to offer the MyPath2ASU™ . The most efficient and affordable path to an ASU bachelor’s degree. Students can start planning their path to ASU on day one of their Cochise College journey with the MyPath2ASU™ transfer experience. Choose from more than 400 course-by-course major maps that lead to on-ground or online ASU bachelor’s degrees. By picking a major and identifying a transfer institution, MyPath2ASU™ helps to identify what courses to take at your transfer institution for an ASU baccalaureate degree. Save time, money and minimize loss of credit during the transfer journey. Students receive a set of customized tools to ensure a simple, seamless transition into one of the nation’s top 10 universities for undergraduate education.
MyPath2ASU™, a customized transfer experience
A suite of self-service transfer tools that help Cochise College students:
- Save time and money by planning your time to degree completion
- Customize course-by-course pathways by term to minimize loss of transfer credit
- Track course applicability and degree progress in real-time through additional Transfer Guide tools like My Transfer Guide
- Personalized communication per major of choice to help students academically prepare for their ASU major
- Access to ASU’s transfer coordinators and pre-enrollment services, and invitations to special events at ASU
- Earn Guaranteed Admission into the major of your choice if all requirements are satisfied*
- Create a MyPath2ASU™: Choose from over 400 online and on-campus course-by-course guided pathways. Creating a MyPath2ASU™ helps with course applicability and provides learner navigation by assisting students with what classes to take at their transfer institution for their ASU bachelor’s degree.
- MyPath2ASU™ sign-up: Receive all the pathway benefits to stay on track to earn an ASU bachelor’s degree. Gain 24/7 direct access to self-service, degree progress tracking through My Transfer Guide to minimize loss of credit
- Track your degree progress: You’re well on your way to ASU. Once you’ve activated your My Transfer Guide account, you can easily track your degree progress and make updates to your MyPath2ASU™. Receive personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU. Remember to save your username and password.
- Complete your MyPath2ASU™: Prepare to transfer to ASU. Meet with ASU transfer specialists for pre-enrollment services and attend special ASU events. You’re one step closer to achieving your academic goals. Apply to ASU one year before completing your MyPath2ASU™. Thrive as an ASU Sun Devil and earn your ASU bachelor’s degree.
Northern Arizona University
Cochise2NAU is an award-winning joint admission program between Cochise College and Northern Arizona University. This program gives you access to the guidance and information needed to seamlessly transition from Cochise College to NAU.
Throughout the program, you’ll benefit from the services and support offered by both institutions. Benefits include expert guidance to help you maximize credits earned at your community college, NAU admissions application fee waiver, access to NAU early enrollment, access to NAU and Cochise College library resources, NAU email account and ID card, free admission to NAU athletic events in Flagstaff, merit-based scholarship for those who qualify.