Why Cochise College Online?
The college’s online campus has been recognized as one of the top online schools in the nation and the college overall has been ranked nationally for its cost, return on investment and high success rate.
Cochise College has transfer agreements with many in-and-out of state colleges and universities making it easy to start with us and then go anywhere!
Downtown Center | C101
(520) 335-1596 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Moodle is the learning management system where courses are completed online. To access Moodle, log into MyCochise and click the Moodle link located under “Resources” on the left side of the page. If you receive an “invalid log-in” error, complete and submit the “invalid log-in” form.
Courses are available 24 hours prior to the start of the each term.
For help with online courses and Moodle issues, email us at email@example.com.
Online Classes Options
Cochise College began offering online courses in 1998. Today, more than 2,500 students benefit from 200 online courses. In addition, through online courses at Cochise College, there are twelve degree programs and three certificate options available.
- AA – Economics
- AA – General Requirements
- AA – Humanities
- AA – Social & Behavioral Sciences(Emphasis: Anthropology, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology)
- AA – Philosophy
- AA – English
- BUSG – Business Administration
- AAS – Business Management
- ABUS – Computer Information Systems
- AGS – General Studies
- AAS – Computer Programming
- AAS – IOST (Intelligence Operations Studies)
Frequently Asked Questions
Moodle is our course management system for online classes and can be accessed through MyCochise. Contact the Virtual Campus for questions concerning Moodle and online classes.
Log in to MyCochise, click My Classes and select the appropriate term for your grades.
Log in to MyCochise, click My Classes and click on Register/Drop Classes.
Contact your instructor for specific instructions.
Cochise College uses Moodle as our Virtual Learning Environment and most of your work will be completed there. Online classes are not independent study or “self-paced” courses. These classes start and end on specified dates, and they include homework and other scheduled activities throughout the course. The actual course content is well structured and you will have requirements to complete every week.
Yes, please refer to your instructor’s syllabus.
Cochise College, like all higher education institutions, is required to obtain authorization from individual states to enroll students residing outside of Arizona. As of July 6, 2015, Cochise College is a participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement.
SARA is an agreement among member states, districts, and U.S territories to establish a comparable national standard for postsecondary distance education courses and programs offered and conducted across state lines. SARA is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses in member states regardless of where the students live and the institution is located.
As a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement participant, Cochise College will comply with the following provisions developed by the Council:
- Online learning is appropriate to the institution’s mission and purposes.
- The institution’s plans for developing, sustaining, and, if appropriate, expanding online learning offerings are integrated into its regular planning and evaluation processes.
- Online learning is incorporated into the institution’s systems of governance and academic oversight.
- Curricula for the institution’s online learning offerings are coherent, cohesive, and comparable in academic rigor to programs offered in traditional instructional formats.
- The institution evaluates the effectiveness of its online learning offerings, including the extent to which the online learning goals are achieved, and uses the results of its evaluations to enhance the attainment of the goals.
- Faculty responsible for delivering the online learning curricula and evaluating the students’ success in achieving the online learning goals are appropriately qualified and effectively supported.
- The institution provides effective student and academic services to support students enrolled in online learning offerings.
- The institution provides sufficient resources to support and, if appropriate, expand its online learning offerings.
- The institution assures the integrity of its online offerings.
For current SARA states and institutions, visit SARA states and institutions website.
Cochise College cannot currently consider applications for online degrees or certificate programs from applicants whose primary residence is in the following states: Massachusetts, California, and Florida.