Admissions & Registration

Admissions & Registration

It’s easy to apply and register!

You’ve made the decision to continue your education, and we’re so glad you’ve chosen us! Your academic journey starts by applying for admission. The Cochise College Admission and Registration office is located on the first floor of the Student Union, Building 1000 on the Sierra Vista Campus and in the Student Services Building, 1000 on the Douglas Campus. Students can also apply and register for classes online.

Douglas Campus | D-SSB Building / 1000 Building
(520) 417- 4005  |

Sierra Vista Campus | Student Union/1000 Building
(520) 515-5336 |

How to Apply for Admission

Choose Your Student Type

You will be taken to a page with all of the steps you need to do to enroll at Cochise College.

If you are a…

First-time student: Complete the Cochise College admission application. You will receive your student ID and Cochise College email address in your acceptance letter by email and mail.

Returning student: who has not enrolled in classes during the past year. Apply for readmission prior to the semester for which you will enroll. If you have attended another college since the last time you attended Cochise, request official transcripts from each institution to be send directly to or mailed to: Transcript Evaluation | 901 North Colombo Ave. | Sierra Vista, AZ 85635.

High School Student: Turn in a concurrent enrollment form at your high school or at the Cochise College Admissions & Registration Office and take a placement test.

Transfer Student: Have transfer credits evaluated by requesting that official transcripts from each institution be sent directly to our transcripts evaluation office.

International Student: Must present a valid Immigration Status Card.

Military Student: Use the GoArmyEd portal to enroll and register or you may have to pay for your classes. Contact our Fort Huachuca advisors at

Adult Education/GED -HSE/ELAA-English for Non-Native Speakers: Visit the Adult Education page to register.


Complete the Student Release Form (PDF)  to authorize the release of information to individuals or agencies, thereby waiving certain student rights established under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Residency & Taxes

Student Tax Information

Current tuition & fees tax year 1098T form in the Vangent TRA Service website. If this is your first time accessing the Vangent TRA Service website, you will need to create an account before viewing your tax information.

Residency Status

You should have legal residency determined prior to the time of registration and payment of fees. Your residency determines your classification for tuition. It is your responsibility to register under the correct residence determination.

Enforcement of residency requirements and regulations are the responsibility of the Cochise College president. For legal policy definitions, see the Cochise College catalog.

Cochise College’s registration procedure for credit classes complies with requirements of Proposition 300, a referendum approved by Arizona voters in November 2006, which provides that college students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or who do not have lawful immigration status, are not eligible for in-state tuition status or financial aid that is funded or subsidized by state monies.

  • You are NOT affected by Proposition 300 if you (a) do not receive in-state tuition status and (b) do not receive financial aid funded by state monies (Arizona).
  • You ARE affected by Proposition 300 if you (a) receive in-state tuition status or (b) receive financial aid that is supported by state monies (Arizona).

Provide one of the following items to verify your citizenship or legal immigration status:

  • Driver’s license or state ID issued by Arizona or another US state
  • US Military ID or draft record
  • Military dependent’s ID card
  • US passport (unexpired or expired)
  • Certificate of US citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
  • Permanent Resident Card with photograph or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-151 commonly referred to as a “Green Card” or Form I-551)

If you do not have one of documents above, refer to Prop 300 list of documents (PDF) for more information.

Present documentation by emailing or by going to the nearest Cochise College campus or center.

Students will need to provide Prop 300 documentation before Arizona residency or in-state tuition can be considered. Prop 300 requires verification of eligibility for in-state tuition rates for U.S. citizens and qualifying legal immigrants. See “Citizenship” above.

The residency verification may be considered complete if the item(s) provided for fulfillment of Prop 300 is an Arizona driver’s license or ID that has an issue date of more than one year. If the Arizona driver’s license or ID does not have an issue date of a year or more, an additional item will be requested. See “Establishing Residency “ below for a list of acceptable items.

You will be considered an in-state student once documentation has been provided for the following:

  • You have lived in Arizona for one year or if you are a dependent and your parent(s) has moved to Arizona or
  • An employer transferred you or your spouse to Arizona
  • You are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or Homeland Security and are stationed in Arizona
  • You are a member of an Arizona Indian tribe recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior

Present documentation by emailing or by going to the nearest Cochise College campus or center.

If you have lived in Arizona for less than one year, you are considered an out-of-state student for tuition purposes, but you may qualify for an appropriate Tuition Waiver Program.

The Arizona Board of Regents adopts guidelines applicable to all institutions that ensure uniform criteria is used in determining tuition status. If you are not a resident of Arizona, you may not register concurrently in two or more public higher education institutions in Arizona for a combined credit-hour enrollment of more than six semester hours without payment of non-resident tuition at one of those institutions.

To be eligible for in-state tuition, students must:

  • Provide Prop 300 indicating legal status in US, and
  • Have lived in Arizona for more than a year or
  • Have a parent who has lived in Arizona for a year or more (if a dependent) or
  • Is transferred to Arizona by employer or is stationed as military, border patrol, etc. or
  • An honorably discharged veteran with DD form 214 or
  • Submit an item from the list below.

You can present documentation by emailing or going to the nearest campus or center.

If you have paid out-of-state tuition for one or more semesters a Domicile Affidavit (PDF) needs to be filed with the Admissions Office verifying continuous residency in the state for a 12-month period. At least three of the following items will be used to establish proof of residency with one item being at least a year old:

  • Filing of state income tax report for the previous year.
  • Current registration of motor vehicle in Arizona.
  • Current registration as a voter in the state.
  • Arizona driver’s license issuance date.
  • Graduation from an Arizona high school.
  • Bank statement (checking or savings) from an Arizona banking institution.
  • Source of support (employer).
  • Dependency as indicated on federal income tax declaration for dependents.

Registering For Classes

Registration for summer opens May 1 and fall opens June 8.

Register online by logging into MyCochise and clicking the MyClasses tab. Review the most recent schedule of classes. Cochise College uses Zoom to conduct video conferencing for online courses. Test your computer's zoom capability.

Students in good academic standing can register for classes on the web or in-person during fall, spring and summer registration periods. Students can register for classes until midnight prior to the class start date. Payment for classes is due at the time of registration.

Fall 2020 Extended Registration Hours

Tuesday, August 11- Tuesday, August 18   8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Friday, August 14   8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 15   9 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Fall 2020 FAQs

View a list of frequently asked questions. Have a question that isn’t answered here? Please email it to

Fall 2020 Teaching Methods

See a list and explanation of teaching methods being offered this fall at

*Please note: Beginning Fall Semester 2020: Payment of tuition/fees is required at the time of registration for the fall semester. If you don't qualify for financial aid, or your financial aid has not yet been awarded, you'll need to pay for your classes or set up a payment plan immediately. Registration is not complete until all tuition and fees and outstanding debts or balances are paid, or one is successfully enrolled in an online payment plan.

Learn more about paying for college and setting up a payment plan. Payment Plan Enrollment Fee (due at time of registration): $25

Active Duty

Soldiers should use the GoArmyEd portal website to enroll and register, or they may have to pay for their classes.

Adding/Dropping Classes

Students can add or drop a class by logging into their MyCochise Portal account or obtain a Drop/Add form from the Admissions/Registration Office.

Students who wish to add classes to their schedule must register the day before class begins.

*Please Note: Federal laws require all first-time students of Cochise College to take mandatory Title IX training and pass the post-test with a 75% or higher score. Students who do not complete the training will not be able to register for courses. The training can be found in the Title IX page under resources.