Transfer to Cochise

Transferring To Cochise College

If you have taken classes at another college or university and wish to transfer to Cochise College, you must first be admitted.  Someone from our advising staff can meet with you and get you started in the right direction!

Transcripts are required from each previously attended institution. The transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope to be considered official for transfer credit.

Sierra Vista Campus | Student Union/1000 Building
(520) 515-5411/3686/4514 |

Transfer to Cochise

Submit Transcripts to Cochise College

Mail official transcripts to:

Cochise College | Transcript Evaluation
901 N. Colombo Ave. | Sierra Vista, AZ  85635-2317

Official and secure electronic transcripts can be sent by the issuing institution to

Transcripts Evaluation

Due to the high volume of transcripts we receive on a daily basis, you will not be contacted about the status of your evaluation.

Processing time can take up to six weeks. View your transfer credits on your unofficial transcript through MyCochise or CC Account.

Note: Computers using restrictive firewalls, such as military and university computers, may block you from MyCochise areas and CC Account site.

  • Whether the courses were completed at regionally accredited institutions. Accredited higher education institutions are those that are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
  • Transfer of college or university level courses will also be accepted from non-regionally accredited institutions that are listed in the latest edition of the Higher Education Directory, a directory of accredited postsecondary, degree-granting institutions in the U.S. and its possessions and territories accredited by regional, national, professional and specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
  • Transfer of college or university credits from non-regionally accredited institutions may be accepted for credit in specified AAS degrees.
  • Transfer credit from non-regionally accredited institutions cannot be used to fulfill the Arizona General Education Requirements (AGEC) when transferring to any Arizona public university.
  • If you have received a grade of C or better.

International Transcripts

Non-U.S. transcripts of post-secondary education must be evaluated by a recognized foreign credential evaluation service to determine their U.S. equivalency. Various credential evaluation agencies can interpret the educational credits of people who have studied outside the United States and are in need of statements of U.S. equivalencies.

For additional information regarding credit evaluations from institutions outside the United States, contact the Evaluations Department.

  • National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES Website)*
  • Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE Website)*
  • Credential Analysis Service at the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO IES Website)
  • International students who received certificates or diplomas from nursing schools outside the United States should obtain the academic report through the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS Website).

*Because membership may change throughout the year, students with non-U.S. transcripts requiring evaluation should visit the organization’s website to see the most current information.

The official course-by-course evaluation or academic report must be mailed directly from the evaluating agency to:

Cochise College | Transcript Evaluations
901 N. Colombo Avenue | Sierra Vista, AZ  85635

High School/GED Transcripts

High School/GED transcripts must be official and enclosed in a sealed envelope. Opened transcripts and copies of diplomas are not acceptable. Transcripts can be hand carried to the Admissions Office or mailed to:

Cochise College | Admissions Office
901 N. Colombo Ave. | Sierra Vista, AZ 85635

Contact the Admissions Department at or (800) 593-9567 with any questions.

Non-Traditional Education Credit

Cochise College provides options that allow students to demonstrate competencies gained through non-classroom experiences and to earn college credit for them.

  • The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Advanced Placement Examination of the College Entrance Examination Board (AP). CLEP scores and credit for foreign languages will be accepted based on institutional policy.
  • The Credit by Examination process. This option is only available through participating academic departments.
  • Military service evaluation process. Credit is granted based on American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines; however, the number of credits will be awarded based on institutional policy.
  • At the discretion of the Aviation Department, a professional pilot candidate who transfers to Cochise College may receive credit for previously earned certificates and ratings if he/she completes at least one Cochise College flight course resulting in a certificate or rating.

Transfer credit may also be granted for successful completion of certified law enforcement academy training (Border Patrol, AZPOST, COTA).

The Exam Equivalency Guide (EEG) for 2018-19(website) shows students how exam scores may translate to college credit.


Military Transcripts (JST)

Soldiers and veterans of the Army, Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserves can request official JST transcripts at the JST website.

Military transcripts are only evaluated upon request. Send an e-mail to upon completion of your official transcript request through JST Webpage. Veterans with a Basic Active Service Date (BASD) prior to Oct. 1, 1981 who do not have access to JST transcripts can have their educational experiences during military service evaluated if they provide their certified DD Form 214 or a completed and signed DD Form 295.

Cochise College does not issue unofficial or official transcripts until the student has registered for and completed at least three units or more of Cochise College coursework with a grade of A, B, C, D, F, P or Audit (policy 3006.1).