Military Programs

Military & Veterans

Cochise College is proud to support our Military and Veteran community. In addition to our online programs, we offer a variety of programs on Fort Huachuca and throughout Cochise County with evening and weekend classes. Our unique MOS credentialing program offers degrees for Service members’ training. The college also has dedicated staff members to assist with Veterans’ assistance and financial aid. Online students can complete their applications at

Fort Huachuca Center Director (Cochise College) | Lisa Hauser
(520) 335-1079 |

Administrative Assistant | Erin Nevarez
(520) 533-2391 |

Mos Coordinator | Joel Evans
(520) 335-1080 | 

Academic Advisor – Military Programs | Mandee Clay 
(520) 335-1082 |

Academic Advisor – Military Programs | Andrew Stirling 
(520) 335-1084 | 

Registration Technician – Military Programs | Erin Karvaski
(520) 533-2391 |

Army Education Center
Bldg. 52104, 2288 Laguardia St. 
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613-7014
(520) 533-2391 |


Active Duty

Military Programs

Military students have all the benefits of a regular Cochise College student. Due to online security restrictions, students using computers on military installations may not be able to access their student records, financial aid and register & pay pages within MyCochise. The Cochise College Fort Huachuca Education Center should be able to assist you.

MOS Credentialing Program students, not enrolled in other Cochise College courses, use their CC Account directly to verify information and access unofficial transcripts. Our MOS Credentialing Office on Fort Huachuca handles MOS students’ admission, registration and processing fees.

Moodle is our content management system for all online classes at Cochise College. Check out our online page which contains all questions related to online classes.

MyDegreePlan is an online degree audit system that tracks your progression toward completion of your goal at Cochise College. To explore this system, sign in to your MyCochise account and click the MyDegreePlan link from the Academics dropdown in the left navigation. For assistance with or questions about MyDegreePlan, please email

Cochise College offers a wide array of transfer opportunities. Upon request, we can mail your transcripts to the institution of your choice.

Army Students

Army students interested in taking classes with Cochise College and use Tuition Assistance must first register on the GoArmyEd website portal, the virtual gateway to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online for classroom, and distance learning.

The Army may not pay for classes when a student does not go through GoArmyEd. Army students not using TA should still go through the portal since it is linked to their education record and keeps it up to date.

Once you have registered at GoArmyEd, students must contact a Cochise College academic advisor at the Fort Huachuca Education Center. Contact information is listed at the top of this page.

Other Military Students

Students from services other than the Army frequently participate in programs on Fort Huachuca and may be eligible to work toward different degrees. Military students may choose to work on any degree program Cochise College offers, either online or in traditional classrooms.

If military students wish to receive Tuition Assistance (TA), they must go through their parent service Education Services Officer to get the proper TA forms. Once filled out and signed, these forms can be faxed or emailed to:

Cochise College | Sierra Vista Campus | Business Office
Fax: (520) 515-5452 |

Any remaining tuition balance is the responsibility of the student and can be paid by phone or by mail. Credit card payments can be phoned into the Sierra Vista Business Office at (520) 515-5416.

Cochise College is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC). We accept Joint Services Transcripts (JST) and Community College of the Air Force transcripts (CCAF) for possible credit transfer toward a degree program.

Degrees Offered

Cochise College offers degree programs that complement military careers. While these programs are intended for current and former military members, they are open to all students, regardless of military status.

Cochise College awards credit for the training that soldiers receive through their participating Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) schools. The credits can be used toward applicable Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degrees. The following degrees are restricted to students in the MOS Credentialing Program on Fort Huachuca and do not follow standard semester scheduling.

Additional credits can be awarded using official transcripts from accredited institutions, other military training and experience (JST) and CLEP/DANTES exams (visit the Testing Center). Classes required to complete the degree can be taken no matter where you are stationed in the world using our Virtual Campus online course offerings.

If you earned Cochise College credit while in Army training on Fort Huachuca, follow these instructions:

  • Have official transcripts from other colleges you have attended sent to:
    Cochise College
    Attn: Transcripts Department
    901 N. Colombo Avenue
    Sierra Vista,  AZ  85635
  • Access your student record online via your CC Account to verify that your college transcripts have been received and evaluated. This system also provides grades and unofficial academic transcripts. A placement test may be required for some classes.
  • Active Duty Army can obtain tuition assistance by registering for classes through GoArmyEd website. You do not need to register directly with Cochise College. Your local or home Army Education Center can assist you in setting up your GoArmyEd account and further explain the military tuition assistance program.
  • Graduation: Contact an advisor to request a graduation review. We will review and confirm that you have met the requirements or let you know what you need to complete the degree. Degrees are awarded three times a year in May, August and December.

If you did not earn credits from the Cochise College MOS Credentialing program, contact an advisor for additional information.


Veterans Assistance

The Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services has approved Cochise College to offer veteran education benefits to qualifying veterans. Whether a student is eligible to receive education benefits is based on approval or denial of the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) after the student submits an application to the DVA.

The staff members of Veterans’ Affairs are Cochise College employees, who cannot counsel veterans on their benefits. We can assist veteran students with applying for veterans’ educational benefits. Our job is to certify a veteran’s enrollment to the DVA so the veteran can receive his or her educational benefits.

Important: All notifications sent by this office go to your Cochise College email.

Veterans Checklist

All students requesting Veterans Education Benefits have Veterans Administration requirements as well as required school paperwork. Use the Veterans Checklist (PDF) to ensure all paperwork is submitted.

Veterans’ Business Outreach Center (VBOC)

The VBOC mission is to conduct outreach to any and all veterans throughout the state that have a desire to start, sustain or expand a business. Visit the VBOC page to find out more.

Steps to Apply

Go to Admissions and Registration and complete an Admissions application to be accepted as a student at Cochise College.

If you have never used your Veterans Education benefits before then visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Read about the Post 9/11 bill and other programs and then apply for benefits through their website.

If you have used your Veterans Education benefits before then visit the EVA VONAPP website and complete the Change of Program (PDF).

VA forms on the VONAPP site:

  • 22‐1990: For applying for chapters CH 30, CH 1606, CH 1607 and CH 33 (Post 9/11)
  • 22‐1990 E: If your spouse or parent transferred benefits to you under the Post 9/11 GI bill
  • 22‐1995: Mostly used for changing school for chapters CH 30, CH 1606, CH 1607, and CH 33 (Post 9/11)
  • 22‐5490: For applying for benefits for CH 35
  • 22‐5495: Mostly used for changing schools for CH 35

Visit and order your Joint Service Transcript (JST) website, if applicable, and all transcripts from previous colleges. The instructions for doing this can be found in the Ordering Prior Military Training (PDF).  Former Air Force students will get transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force.
Use the following steps to ensure your transcripts are evaluated.

  • Request that the transcripts be sent to the Cochise College Army Education Center on Fort Huachuca.
  • Contact within 2-3 business days to confirm your transcript has been received. If you do not send this email, your transcripts will not be evaluated.

Air Force (CCAF Transcripts website) is handled as a regular transcript, mailed to Cochise College at:

Cochise College | Attn: Transcripts
901 North Colombo | Sierra Vista, AZ 85635

Make an appointment with Disability Services to find out if you qualify for no cost no obligation services (i.e. accommodation, tutoring, community club) 520-515-5337.

Make sure you turn in the Semester Benefit Request (step 5) the day you register to the Financial Aid desk, so your enrollment can be confirmed. If not done then you may be dropped for non‐payment of tuition and fees.

Make sure the classes that you have registered for are approved classes from your Veteran Prior Training Review Form (step 5). If the registered classes are not approved on your prior training review they cannot be sent to the VA for benefits. You must see an advisor and update your degree map and then forward it to financial Aid for approval.

Unearned TA Policy

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded. To comply with Department of Defense policy, Cochise College will return any unearned TA funds on a prorated basis through at least the 60% portion of the period for which the funds were provided. TA funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending.

Return of unearned TA funds may result in students owing a debt to Cochise College. All students are advised to consult with Cochise College Financial Aid office before dropping any class that is supported by federal Tuition Assistance.

Unearned TA Return Schedules

8-week Course Drop Submitted
Week of Term Return Amount
Before course begins 100% return
During week 1 of term 90% return
During week 2 of term 75% return
During week 3-4 of term 50% return
During week 5 of term 40% return (60% of course is completed)
During week 6-8 of term 0% return


16-week Course Drop Submitted
Week of Term Return Amount
Before course begins 100% return
During week 1 of term 90% return
During week 2-4 of term 75% return
During week 5-8 of term 50% return
During week 9-10 of term (60% of course is completed)
During week 11-16 of term 0% return


21-week Course Drop Submitted
Week of Term Return Amount
Before course begins 100% return
During week 1 of term 90% return
During week 2-5 of term 75% return
During week 6-10 of term 50% return
During week 11-13 of term 40% return (60% of course is completed)
During week 14-21 of term 0% return